Our annual general meeting took place last Sunday and was very well attended. The meeting opened with a blessing from Fr. Sean Casey. Our chairman, Jim McGoldrick, Secretary, Brian Donohoe and treasurer Geraldine Halpin presented very positive reports on club developments in 2018 which were all ratified. All 3 were greatly praised for their commitment to club affairs last year. A number of important matters were then discussed before we elected our committee for the coming years which was as follows.
- President: Eamon Quinn
- Vice President: John Reilly
- Chairman: Jim McGoldrick
- Vice chairman: Danny Keogh
- Secretary: Cormac O Donnell
- Assistant Secretary: Brendan Bracken
- Treasurer: Geraldine Halpin
- Assistant Treasurer: Mairead Loughlin
- Public Relations Officer: Brendan Bracken
- Registrars: Ronan McGoldrick and Sean Whelan
- Irish Officer: Marie Brady
- Children’s Officer: Martina Reynolds
- County Board Delegates: Cormac O Donnell, Robbie Browne, Frank Toher and John Dowd.
We would like to thank all the outgoing committee members for their time and efforts over the last few years and congratulate the new committee.
Our annual dinner dance on Saturday the 19th of January is fast approaching. This is a dinner dance with a difference with entertainment on the night from Scruffy Duffy. Tickets are €30 each and must be strictly purchased in advance from any club member or in local shops.
Our lotto draw for a jackpot of €4,400 took place on Sunday night in Begleys bar with 3, 13, 16 and 27 the numbers drawn. There was no jackpot winner. €20 winners were Paddy Lee, Esker, James McKenna, Lisameen, Marina Donohoe, Farragh, Brian Brady, Boher and Justin Kiernan, New York. This week’s sellers prize went to Brendan Bracken. Next week sees our jackpot rise to €4,500 with the draw In the Olde Forge on Sunday night. Well done to all the winners and thanks again for supporting our lotto.