Killoe GAA Crest
The yew tree (Eo in Irish) in abstract form is central to the crest design, set in front of the cross, reflecting the church (Cill in Irish) and the spiritual community heritage. The name of the parish in Irish (Killoe derives from Cill Eo, Church of the Yew Tree) is set above the Irish form of the county, An Longfort. The establishment of the GAA in Killoe can be traced back to 1889.
The official GAA insignia, which was introduced in 2009, is at the base of the design. The colours of white and green that dominate the crest are those worn by Killoe Senior, Minor & Ladies Club teams. For branding purposes (jerseys, training gear, flags, letterhead etc.), the respective name of ‘Emmet Óg’, ‘Killoe Óg’ or ‘Killoe Ladies’ can be placed below the crest in either script or scroll design.
This modern Killoe GAA crest replaced the previous design from the early 1990's. The new design first appeared in June 2012 after being gifted to the club by the Devaney family. It first appeared on Killoe jerseys during the Senior Championship in August 2012 and today appears on Senior, Junior, U21, Underage & Ladies club jerseys, flags and other club merchandise. The crest is not subject to any usage restrictions nor is it subject to any copyright or related restriction by any party.
Download high resolution crest crest image for printing or digital purposes here.